Sunday 9 December 2012

Application time - soldiers

I decided to apply some of that gesture practice to a drawing finally. I think it worked out pretty well, although I'm sure I still have a ways to go.

I decided to drawing some soldiers clowning around, so first the design:

Admittedly I did the poses first not thinking I was going to take it further, so the design came second. I then applied to the poses as you can see below. I was considering painting it, but I think the shade worked out pretty nice so, maybe I'll leave it at that.

I also had a lot of fun drawing the rifle, first time I really tried to make a gun design, it was a blast I have to say... no pun intended. I really wanted to stay on the sci fi theme for the time being, so more to come in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment